Tuesday, September 18, 2012

You know.... Just another story about my hometown.

So I'm not sure if my last post counted as a "class related post" soooo I'm just going to do another one just to be safe.....

    So I'm from Grandville Michigan, a suburb maybe 10 minutes outside of Grand Rapids. It's a medium to small sized town with a big mall and TONS of different places to eat. But theres this gas station, on a corner kind of between the more residential area and the commercial area where the high school is, that everyone stops at after school. Its the kind of place that all the workers know everyone that comes in and they hit up all the parties after the football games. Anyway, the traffic going in and out of this place during the time period from 3-3:30 is absolutely RIDICULOUS. One day, the traffic was backed up as usual, and some nerdy little sophomore had that had just gotten their license pulled out in front of a car and got into a car accident. With out hesitation, five  of the more "popular" upper class men got out of their cars to help. At school those kids wouldn't bother even speaking to them, let alone helping them out at a car accident. That poor kid in the accident was SO thankful. I'm not sure why, but I'll always remember that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment